What should you do when it rains? Repairing a leaky roof is actually not that difficult if you know how.
Given the upcoming rainy season, there is.
The roof is a main parts of a residential building. But if there are any leaks or damage to the roof of your house, your comfort and your family will certainly be distracted.
Therefore, here we are trying to help you a little bit, to overcome the roof of a leaky house, so that if your family complains about the leaky roof, you can rely on it.
Before we deal with the repair of the leaky roof, we should first know how we take care of the roof of our house. Better maintenance than repair, right?
The maintenance will be checked within 3 months.
What should we do in this particular review of the roof of the house?
Regular house roof checks and maintenance include:
- Clean the roof of sand deposits and moss, which can cause cracks in the roof. Also clean water from rubbish and other debris so that the water flow is not blocked in the rain.
- Check the tiling position. If tiles fall or move, then immediately correct them again as the original position.
- Make sure that the precarious roof pitch of your home is adequate. Ceramic tiles require a tilt angle of about 30 degrees, while asbestos is about 15 degrees. If this is not noticed well, it can be entered through the slit tile. Tiles that have been cracked, preferably replaced directly.
- Check also the structure, if the condition is still secured and has not changed.
If you can not do it yourself, you can pay people to work on it.
Easy ways to repair a leaky roof
- The first step to overwinding and a lot is its leakage source to find. This is a job that is not as easy as you can imagine. Sometimes the place where the water droplet has fallen to the ground does not necessarily indicate where the source of the leak is. No saying goes, “where there are water droplets, there is a source of leakage” So it could be that a source of leakage is 2 meters from the location of the water droplet on the ground, so BEWARE!
- Look for the source of the leakage during the day. Climb to the attic of your home with lighting. Pay attention to open cable connections. It’s a good idea to turn off electricity in your home by turning off the fuse while you repair your leaking roof. Traces of water flow until you find the source of the leak.
- Repair of leaks in concrete roof, asbestos or syrup due to hairline cracks, can be done by providing wire gauze and waterproof. The larger crack, however, should be pierced and then fixed again.
- The Overwinding from Leakages to the Concrete Dag can also be through / Mantle the Part, the source of the leakage with cement suspect. as:
We climb to one day, giving a hole as deep as about 2 inches on a concrete crack source leak.
Clean and moisten the area, then apply concrete adhesive along the surface.
After half the dry fill the cracks with the new cement mixture.
- If the source of the leak is the existence of a sliding tile, then replace it as it should. If the tile is broken, replace it with a new tile.
- Do not forget to repair the damaged ceiling with leaking water. Do not let the blanket get wet because it can cause more deadly damage, such as the ceiling of the collapse.
- In order to reduce heat input and reduce the damage caused by rainwater, aluminum foil with a size of 1-2 mm can be used as a coating between the ceiling and the tile.
Of course, with the right care and routine, you no longer have to worry about leaking roofing problems. If the leak occurs, then immediately overcome it before your blanket gets damp and collapsed.
So, how to fix the leaky roof helps this article and you do not have to worry about the arrival of the rainy season.